Baked Chicken Ngoh Hiang
1.5 hours 8 rolls SERVINGS
- 1 large sheet beancurd skin
- 1 pack (300g) minced chicken
- 150g firm tofu, mashed
- 8 water chestnuts, diced finely
- 1 medium carrot, diced finely
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced finely
- 1 handful red chillies, deseeded and sliced finely (optional)
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper, heaped
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- 1/2 tsp olive oil (for brushing)
- Place minced chicken in a bowl.
- Add tofu, water chestnuts, carrot, spring onions, chillies (optional), egg, salt, pepper and five spice powder.
- Combine ingredients well with hand.
- Spread beancurd skin on a flat, dry surface. With a damp cloth, wipe beancurd skin to remove excess salt.
- Fold and cut beancurd skin into 8 rectangular pieces.
- Spoon 4 tbsp of chicken mixture onto the beancurd skin rectangles. Roll up and tuck in the sides.
- Lay rolls on a plate and steam for about 10 minutes.
- Remove rolls and place them on a baking tray lined with aluminium foil.
- Lightly brush rolls with olive oil.
- 1Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut each roll into bite sizes and serve with some rice, cooked vegetables or some chilli sauce.