30 mins 3 SERVINGS
- 1 packet of Sadia Minced Beef
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ onion , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp water
For the burritos:
- 3 large tortillas
- 1 and 1/2cups cooked rice , warm not piping hot
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce , finely sliced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion , finely chopped
- Finely chopped coriander / cilantro (optional)
- 100g shredded cheese of choice (melting kind)
- 1/2 tsp each onion powder , dried oregano, salt
- 1 tsp each dried cumin powder , paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper , or to taste (optional)
- Heat oil in a frying over high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook for 2 minutes until onion is lightly browned. Add beef and cook, breaking it up as you go, until it turns from red to brown.
- Add burrito seasoning and cook for 1 minute. Then add tomato paste and water, cook for 3 minutes until the water is mostly evaporated but the beef is still juicy, not dried out. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes – piping hot filling will steam the burrito, making the tortilla soggy.
- Heat up the tortillas for about 10 seconds in the microwave to make them easier to work with.
- Place a burrito on a work surface. Place 1/4 - 1/3 cup of rice just below the centre. Top with 1/4 - 1/3 cup beef, then some lettuce, corn, black beans, tomato, a sprinkle of red onion, coriander and cheese.Fold up the bottom to cover the filling then fold the edges in.Roll up tightly, then wrap in foil (optional).