Braised Chicken Wings with Potatoes
30 mins 4 SERVINGS
- 375g (8 pieces) mid-joint chicken wings
- 280g potatoes cut into pieces
- 1 carrot cut into pieces
- 2 tsp dry onion paste
- 2-3 pieces of ginger
- ¾ cup water
- Scallion for garnishing
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- ¼ tsp dark soy sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp rice wine
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pepper for seasoning
- ½ tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp corn starch (corn flour)
- 2 tbspwater
- Sesame oil for seasoning
- Boil chicken wings in water for 2-3 minutes and drain the water. Combine the marinade ingredients and marinade chicken for 15 minutes.
- Cut potatoes into thick pieces and soak in water for 5 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok fire and add in the chicken wings. Leave the marinade aside. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Dish it out and cover to keep warm.
- In the same wok, add in a little oil and sauteshallots and ginger. Add potatoes and stir well. Add carrots. Pour in water, cover and cook till potatoes become soft. Add the chicken wings back to the wok and pour in remaining marinade.
- Cook it covered for another 10 minutes. Add sauce and cook till desired consistency. Garnish with scallions and mix well.