30 mins 4 SERVINGS
- Sadia chicken patties
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices country white bread
- 4 1/3-inch-thick slices from large red or orange heirloom tomato
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 cups chopped fresh basil plus 8 large leaves, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped drained cornichons or dill pickle plus 1 1/2 tablespoons brine from jar
- Preheat the skillet over medium heat on a stove top burner for five minutes.
- Place the frozen chicken patties in an even layer in the skillet.
- Cook the frozen chicken patties for about six minutes, or until they are completely brown on one side.
- Flip the patties with a spatula. Cook the patties on the opposite side for another six minutes or until the opposite side is brown.
- Remove the patties from the skillet with the spatula and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess fat. Blot the tops of the patties with paper towels to remove fat from both sides.
- Mix mayonnaise, 1 cup chopped basil, cornichons, brine, and onions in small bowl.
- Grill bread until crisp and golden, about 1 minute per side. Transfer bread to plates. Grill burgers until firm to touch and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Spread bread slices thickly with basil mayonnaise. Top each bread slice with tomato, 2 basil leaves, burger, and dollop of basil mayonnaise. Garnish with remaining chopped basil.