Chicken Salad Baguette
15 mins 2 SERVINGS
- 2 hard boil eggs
- 1-2 cups leftover roast chicken, chopped up
- 2 tbsp red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp celery (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp chives (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise (or as needed to moisten)
- pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- bagette split open for 2 servings
- 1 large romaine lettuce leaf, sliced long side into 2
- Peel and chop up the eggs.
- In a medium bowl, add the chicken, onions, celery, and egg. Toss to blend.
- To the same bowl, season the mixture by adding mayonnaise, salt and ground pepper. Stir with a fork until well blended. (Add more mayonnaise to moisten the mixture, if necessary.)
- After slicing the baguettes lengthwise, add a sliced lettuce leaf to the bottom half of the baguette.
- Add the mixture of chicken salad on the lettuce.
- Place another sliced lettuce leaf and top it off with the other half of the baguette. And it’s tIme to tuck in!
Note: Leftover chicken salad kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator can last for up to 3 days.