Grilled Laksa Salad with Pepper Grilled Chicken Breast
30 min 2 SERVINGS
(A) Ingredients for Laksa Rempah
- 20 shallots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of belachan, roasted
- 2 tablespoons of hae bee, soaked in water
- 6 candlenuts, soaked in water
- 10g of turmeric, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons of coriander powder
- 60ml of fish sauce
(B) Ingredients for Coconut Laksa Lime dressing
- 1 tbs of laksa rempah (A)
- 1 tbs of lime juice
- 3 tbs of UHT Coconut cream
- 1 tsp of salt
(C) Ingredients for Cherry Tomato Confit
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbs of olive oil
- 1 pinch of sea salt (D) Ingredients for Salad
- 1 packet of Sadia grilled pepper chicken breast
- 1 Baby cos lettuce
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- Fried shallots (optional)
- Laksa rempah (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in (A) in food processor until a smooth paste. Quick Tip: You can use the remaining laksa rempah for other recipes. Alternatively, use premix laksa sauce to shorten prep time.
- Mix all ingredients in (B) until well incorporated.
- Mix all ingredients in (C) and place them in a baking tray and into a preheated oven (150 degrees celsius) for 20 minutes.
- Heat up the Sadia grilled pepper chicken breast per reheat instructions.
- Slice the baby cos lettuce into half lengthwise. Place on to a hot pan (no oil), cut side down, grill for 5 minutes until the cut sides are brown.
- Slice the cooked chicken breast.
- Assemble the salad(D) on a plate with the grilled lettuce, cherry tomato confit(C) and chicken breast.
- Drizzle the Coconut Laksa Lime dressing(B) on top.