Japanese Inspired Chicken Wellington
45 mins 2 SERVINGS
- 500g Sadia chicken breast, boneless & skinless (~ 2 pieces)
- 4 pieces puff pastry
- 150g bunashimeji mushrooms
- 150g baby spinach
- 50g shiro miso
- 30g ginger juice
- 5g olive oil
- 20g unsalted butter
- 100g cooked quinoa
- 100 g cream cheese
- 30g grated parmesan cheese
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 50g onion, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 beaten egg, for egg wash
- Cut each chicken breast into 2 pieces.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken pieces. Marinate with miso (20g), ginger juice (30g) and olive oil (5g) for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Sear chicken breast until slightly golden brown for 1 minute on each side. Let rest.
- Make paste by frying the following ingredients with the remaining miso and butter: minced onion, garlic and ginger, bunashimeji mushroom, cooked quinoa, baby spinach, cream cheese, parmesan cheese and lemon juice and zest.
- On a cutting board, roll and smooth out the sheet of puff pastry. Place the seared chicken in the middle of the pastry.
- Scoop about 70g of the mix on the chicken, smoothing it out so that it does not spill over to the sides.
- Fold the edges of the puff pastry over the chicken and the mix, starting with the longer sides, then the shorter ends. Trim excess and fold in the ends.
- Brush with beaten egg. Score top with knife. Brush again with egg wash and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.