- 1 packet Sadia Sichuan Mala Chicken Wings
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- Thumb size piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 3 cups rice
- 3 cups water
- 6 pieces of dried shitake mushrooms, soaked in water and sliced
- 100g frozen scallops (optional)
- 1 lup cheong, cut into small dice (halal options available eg Kizmiq
- Oriental Chicken Sausage)
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark caramel sauce1
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan together with ginger, mushrooms, scallops, lup cheong and garlic.
- Add washed rice to the pan and saute until opaque.
- Deglaze pan with the fish sauce and water.
- Place the rice mixture into the rice cooker together with the mala chicken wings on the top and cook.
- When ready, drizzle the sesame oil and dark caramel sauce over the rice. Fluff rice and serve.