3 Sadia mala wings
100g flat white handmade noodles(store bought)
50g Bunashimeji white mushrooms
1 tsp light soya sauce
50g Bok choy
2 Baby eggplants (sliced thinly lengthwise)
3 cloves garlic (peeled & chopped finely)
600ml chicken stock
Oil for frying
- ½ container of tofu (chopped into cubes)
Lotus Root Chips
- 1 x 200g lotus root (peeled, sliced thinly & pat dry)
- Salt flakes
Chilli oil (store bought/ homemade)
1) ½ cup oil
2) 6 dried red chilli (soaked in boiled water to rehydrate, pat dry & chopped)
3) 2 big red chilli (chopped)
Five Spice Blend (store bought/ homemade)
1) 5 star anise
2) 4 tsp fennel seeds
3) ½ tsp Sichuan peppercorns
4) ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
5) ½ tsp cloves
Hoisin Sauce (store bought/ homemade)
1) ½ cup brown sugar
2) 2 tbsp black bean sauce
3) 1 ½ tbsp soy sauce
4) 4 pitted prunes
5) 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
6) 2 tsp sesame oil
7) Pinch Five Spice blend( store bought / homemade)
- Thinly sliced spring onions
- Coriander leaves
- Crushed roasted peanuts
- Sesame seeds
- Dried chilli from chilli oil
1) Heat up 3 tbsp of oil in saucepan on medium heat. Cook the brinjal on each side till slightly brown. Season with salt. Transfer to plate and set aside.
2) Heat up 3 tbsp of oil in saucepan on medium heat, fry minced garlic till fragrant. Add mushrooms and stir fry till cooked. Season with 1 tsp of light soya sauce. Transfer to plate and set aside.
3) Heat up a pot of chicken stock and a tbsp of chilli oil in saucepan on medium heat till boiling. Blanch the flat noodles till cook. Remove noodle from water, drain with sieve and set aside.
4) Use the same boiling chicken stock from the flat noodles. Add bok choy and blanch till cooked. Remove bok choy from the stock and drain on kitchen towel and set aside.
5) For the Lotus Root Chips, deep fry at 180 degrees until golden and crisp, fry in batches. Remove from the oil and drain on kitchen towel then sprinkle with salt flakes and set aside.
6) For the mala wings, air fry the wings according to package instructions till cooked. Set aside & keep warm.
7) To serve, smear 3 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce onto the serving plate. Place the flat noodle on top of the smear. Lean 3 mala wings against the noodles. Assemble bok choy, mushrooms, brinjals & tofu cubes around the mala wings and along the smear. Place lotus root chips standing up along the hoisin sauce, leaning on the vegetables. Garnish with thinly sliced spring onions, coriander leaves, crushed roasted peanuts, sesame seeds and dried chilli. Drizzle the chilli oil sparingly around the plate.