20 mins 2 SERVINGS
- 1 packet Sadia Shabu Shabu
- 2 bowls freshly cooked rice
- ½ onion, sliced
- 3 eggs
- Scallions, to garnish
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
- 3 tbsp sake
- 1½ tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp mirin (sweet cooking sake)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 9 tbsp water
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a pan. Add onion and place over high heat.
- When the sauce comes to a boil, lower the heat. Add Sadia chicken shabu shabu, cover and simmer for a minute.
- Separate the eggs, placing the yolks and whites in separate bowls.
- Keeping the pan on low heat, add the egg whites and simmer for 30 seconds.
- Break the egg yolks without beating and promptly pour into the pan. Simmer for 15-20 seconds. Turn off the heat and cover for 10 seconds to finish.
- Serve the rice in bowls and slide the contents of the pan over the rice. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.