- 300g Sadia mid-joint chicken wings
- 2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp prawn/shrimp paste
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger juice - grate some ginger & squeeze the pulp
- 1/2 tsp Shaoxing wine
- In a bowl, combine the marinade ingredients until a paste is formed. Marinade chicken with the sauce for at least an hour or preferably overnight in the fridge.
- Just before deep-frying, add corn flour to the marinade chicken. Stir to coat evenly, shaking off excess flour on the chicken.
- Preheat air fryer at 180°C (356°F) for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly brush chicken pieces with olive oil.
- Arrange chicken one layer on the fryer basket and slide the basket into the air fryer. Set timer and air fry for 8 minutes. Pull out the tray, use tongs to turn chicken pieces over, and set timer for another 7 minutes. Drain cooked chicken on paper towels before serving.