Sesame Chicken with Noodles
35 mins 2 SERVINGS
- 1 packet Sadia stir fry chicken
- 120 g uncooked yellow noodles
- ½ yellow, red and/or orange sweet peppers, cut into bite-size strips
- ½ small yellow onion
- 110 g broccoli florets
- 15 ml canola oil
- 5 ml sesame seed oil
- Scallions, to garnish
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
- 120 ml water
- 40 ml dark soy sauce
- 7 g brown sugar
- 15 ml rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 22 ml sesame seed oil
- 11 g corn starch
- Combine ingredients for the sauce in a mixing bowl and whisk well. Add Sadia stir fry chicken into the sauce, stir and let it marinate for 15 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating, cook noodles according to the package instructions, strain and set aside. Chop and slice vegetables and set them aside.
- Heat a large cooking pan (or a wok if available) over medium heat. Add canola oil and sesame oil.
- Take out chicken (save marinade) and cook it until about half way done, stirring and turning it over as it cooks.
- Add broccoli florets, yellow onion and sweet peppers, stir and cook until the vegetables start to soften.
- Pour in marinade and cook until chicken is done and vegetables are tender, stirring once in a while. Make sure sauce simmers for a few minutes since it contained raw chicken.
- Once everything is cooked, add cooked noodles and stir until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.