Soybean Sprout Rice
20 mins 4 SERVINGS
2 cups short grain rice, rinsed
2 cups water, using the rice cup
250g soybean sprouts, rinsed and bad beans trimmed off
150g beef, minced
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp garlic, minced
A few sprinkles ground black pepper
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
1/2 tsp garlic, minced
1-2 tsp Korean chilli flakes (optional)
2 stalks green onion, thinly sliced
2. Preheat a skillet over medium high heat. Add some cooking oil and evenly spread.
3. Add the marinated meat and stir often until it cooks (for about 4-5 mins).
4. Drain any excess liquid from the skillet or scoop out the meat, leaving residual liquid in the skillet.
5. Put the rinsed rice in the rice cooker. Add water and top up with the cooked meat and soybean sprouts.
6. Close the lid of the rice cooker and cook under the regular white rice setting. When it's done, mix the rice and other ingredients well with a spatula for about 1-2 mins, until all ingredients are evenly spread.
7. While the rice is cooking, combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
8. Serve the rice in a bowl. Pair with kimchi and seasoned seaweed if you would like. Add the sauce prepared in Step 7 (about 2 tsp per serving) into the bowl of rice. Mix well and enjoy