Spicy Penne Bake with Chicken Franks
30 mins 2 SERVINGS
- 200g of penne pasta
- 4 Sadia Chicken Franks
- 2 stalks of thyme
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 200ml can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons of chili oil
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 10ml of whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- A dash of black pepper
- Cook penne pasta for 7-8 minutes until al dente (or according to instructions on the box). Drain and set aside.
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan. Pan-fry chicken franks and thyme on medium heat until the franks turn golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan. Saute onions, garlic and cherry tomatoes on medium heat until fragrant.
- Add in tomato paste, sugar, chili oil, chopped tomatoes, cream, salt and black pepper. Stir well on medium heat.
- Add cooked penne into tomato sauce mixture.
- Layer the penne, thyme and chicken franks onto a baking dish approximately 15cm in diameter. Sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese on top.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Bake the dish until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Fresh thyme can be found at most supermarkets, vegetable stalls, wet markets and spice stores. Adding thyme to the dish gives it an authentic Italian touch.
- If you prefer a simpler version, substitute fresh thyme with dried Italian herbs instead.