Spicy Thai Basil Chicken
30 mins 2 SERVINGS
- 1 packet Sadia minced chicken
- 5 cloves of garlic, diced
- 4-10 Thai chilies
- 1½ tsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp light soy sauce
- A splash of dark sweet soy sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- A handful of basil leaves
- 1 egg
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan on high-medium heat and fry an egg. Drain the excess oil and set it aside.
- Heat the wok on high heat, and add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- When the oil is hot, add chilies and garlic. Stir fry them for 20 seconds or until they are really fragrant.
- Toss in Sadia minced chicken, stir fry continuously until it is fully cooked. If it starts to get dry, add just a tiny splash of water.
- Add in oyster sauce, light soy sauce, sugar and dark soy sauce. Keep stir frying for another 30 seconds.
- Grab a handful of basil leaves, toss it into the pan, fold it into the chicken, and then immediately turn off the heat. (The basil leaves only needs to cook for 5 seconds, and it will continue to wilt and cook from the existing heat of the chicken.)
- Serve the Thai basil chicken with rice and topped it with an egg.