Spiralised Pad Thai Chicken Bowl
20 mins 4 SERVINGS
- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 pack chicken breast strips
- 4 zucchinis, spiralised or cut into matchsticks
- 1 package carrot matchsticks
- 1/2 red cabbage, thinly chopped
- 2-3 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
PAD THAI SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp lightly salted soy sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Whisk ingredients for Pad Thai sauce together in a medium-sized glass bowl.
- Heat olive oil on medium high heat. Add onions, sauteeing for 2-3 min until softened.
- Add chicken and 3/4 of the Pad Thai sauce, stirring to combine and cooking for 8-10 min until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and add zucchini noodles, sauteeing for 30 seconds with remaining Pad Thai sauce. Remove from heat immediately and add to glass meal prep bowls.
- Add chicken, carrots and red cabbage to each bowl. Garnish with scallions, peanuts and cilantro. Refrigerate up to 4-5 days and bring them for work lunches.