Tamarind Chicken Satay Rice Salad
30 mins 5-6 SERVINGS
Ingredients for Tamarind dressing (Part A and B)
- 1 large red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 45g assam, mixed with 100g water
- 20g kicap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
- 30g fish sauce
- 30g sugar
- 1 cup cooked red cargo rice
- 1 cup cooked mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 packet lemony chicken breast
- 1 green capsicum
- 1 cucumber (skin peeled and cut into small pieces)
- 1 small onion
- Bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 2 hours to avoid burning)
- Blend ingredients in A into a fine paste.
- Add cooking oil to the pan, add A into pan and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add B and cook until reduced by half.
- Cut the capsicum, onion, chicken into cubes.
- Skewer the chicken, onion and capsicum onto the bamboo sticks and grill them in toaster oven for 10 minutes.
- Mix the cooked mixed vegetables with the cooked red rice, arrange the skewers on the rice, drizzle with the tamarind dressing.