Vietnamese Beef Pho
30 mins 2 SERVINGS
- 200g Beef Shabu Shabu
- 750ml beef stock
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and bashed flat with the back of knife
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger, sliced
- 2 red chillies, sliced
- 1 star anise
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 100g BROWN RICE flat noodles
- Handful of beansprouts
- Coriander leaves
- Lime wedges
- Hoisin sauce (optional)
- Sriracha chilli sauce (optional)
- Bring stock, garlic, ginger, half the chilli, star anise, cinnamon and half the spring onions to a boil for 15 minutes.
- Strain, discard solids and bring the mix back to a boil. Season with fish sauce.
- Pour a kettle of boiling water over the noodles and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse noodles. Then portion noodles between 2 bowls.
- Add steak and beansprouts to the simmering stock and remove from heat. The stock will continue to cook in the residual heat.
- Spoon over the noodles and add the remaining spring onions, chilli. Add coriander and lime wedges to each bowl.
- Serve with hoisin and sriracha sauce (optional).
Beef Shabu Shabu
35 mins2 SERVINGS
30 mins2 SERVINGS
40 min2 SERVINGS
30 min4 SERVINGS
10 mins4-6 SERVINGS
20 mins5 to 6 SERVINGS
35 mins6 SERVINGS
40 mins2-3 SERVINGS